Saturday, August 6, 2011

Culinary Chronicles: Afternoon Trip to India

Whenever I am home alone, I enjoy cooking without exactly knowing what I am trying to do. I can crank up the music and just go at it: chopping, seasoning, and mixing. No one is counting on it for a meal (besides me...and I can run to a drive through in case of a disaster!). This past weekend I tried my hand at a chicken currry and mixed veggies. Result: Success!



All you need to complete this recipe is boneless skinless chicken breasts, curry seasoning, olive oil, and fresh veggies. I chose raw mushrooms, three types of peppers, fresh garlic, and onion. I sauteed them until they were nice and soft (which is my personal preference). Then, I cooked up my chicken chunks which had been soaked in olive oil and curry seasoning for about thirty minutes.



To add to the deliciousness, I bought some Naan bread from the store. If you ever cook Indian or Moroccan, buy some Naan bread!! Seriously, you'll be glad you did. You can brush it with olive oil and garlic powder or you can just toast it in the oven like I did this time. I figured that would be alotta garlic since I already had the fresh variety in the veggies! :)



Once everything is cooked, you can serve the dish over lettuce leaves, or merely on a plate. Honestly, I felt like being a little dramatic! :) Warning: The curry smell will take over the kitchen...and the rest of the house!

Enjoy the deliciousness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment