Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Graceful

Word of the Month: Graceful Now, I am sure when this word comes to mind, for some of you, it brings with it the image of poised ballerina or a regal woman. However, for me, this word does not quite create the same picture. Graceful, for me, simply means: Full of grace. Not in looks or movement, but full of grace in action, word, and heart. One of my closest friends is the best example of Gracefulness that I know. She is a woman of physical beauty and poise without a doubt, but it is her God-given, graceful nature that stands out. Smart. Loving. Compassionate. Serving. She opens her heart, her home, and her life to those around her. She invites people in, encouraging them with honest and uplifting words. She brings comfort and offers a place where wounded hearts and weary minds can rest. She is true, through and through. There is never any fear of judgment or betrayal with her. I know that I have received wise counsel from her dozens of times, but it is not her words that reach people in the depth of who they are, in the situations and circumstances that threaten to drown them… it is her love. Or better yet, it is His love which she allows to flow through her at all times. I remember my dear friend’s words, absolutely. But more often, I remember her hugs, her cards, her thoughtfulness, her cups of tea and coffee, her warm invitations, her smiles, her extended hand, her emails. These are the moments of grace forever imprinted upon my heart. May my life, too, be one of gracefulness. May my heart allow others to rest and be and become who God created them to be. May the doors of my home and my heart always be open to weary travelers. May I make time for the people God has placed in my life. May I always express my love, not only in words but with my actions. May encouragement and forgiveness be my constant companions. May I be a Woman of Grace. So, to this Woman of Grace… you know who you are. I thank you. I honor you. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment