Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sometimes I wonder...

Sometimes I wonder if there is something wrong with me...

And no, I am not typing this to fish for compliments or security or whatever, but today I was struck with the realization that I may be anti-social. For most of you who know me, this may seem like a shock. I am loud. I love to talk and laugh and be goofy, but I have to be really comfortable with people before that side of me comes to the surface.

So, maybe the better question is: Do I have multiple personalities or something?

When I know you, I am loud and crazy. When I don't know you, I could not possibly be more silent or awkward. Truly, it is the getting to know people part that I find bothersome. I mean, I hate mixers. I take no joy out of the mixing process. In fact, the whole idea of entering a room full of strangers and having to sum up my personality and interests in three minutes makes me queasy. I would rather go to the doctor than go to something like that...what does that mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment